Who doesn’t know the legendary Giada homemade pasta? Well, this recipe is well-known among pasta lovers. It is one of the best alternatives people choose when they want to make their own pasta. Really, the ingredients for this Giada homemade pasta recipe are unbelievably easy, while the instruction is as simple as you can imagine. Even inexperienced people will grasp it on the first try. All you need to prepare is a pasta-rolling machine and food processor.
- A cup of flour (use the all-purpose one)
- Two cups of cake flour
- Four eggs
- ¼ cup of olive oil (choose one with extra-virgin label)
- ⅛ tsp of kosher salt
- In the first step in making Giada homemade pasta, before working on those ingredients, prepare a small bowl—just enough for four eggs.
- Crack those eggs and carefully separate the yolk from white part into the bowl.
- Now prepare your food processor.
- Add both types of flour and kosher salt as well as the freshly separated yolks into processor.
- Pulse them in a medium speed to mix ingredients. While processor does its function, gradually pour the virgin oil into mixture before you add ⅓ up to ½ cups of water until it turns into a dough.
- You should understand the difference between a mixture and dough, right? If it sticks together when you pinch it, then it is dough. Once you succeed, set it aside.
- Prepare a flat board and layer it lightly with flour.
- Set your dough on top of it and knead it until smooth. The recommended duration for kneading is about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Place them inside a bowl, cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and set them in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Cut it into four and press them flat into the board.
- With machine of pasta-rolling, run Giada fresh pasta dough through the machine a couple of times.
- Once the pasta dough has ⅛ in thickness, then you are set.
- Now, you can cut them in shape you desired and use them as you want.
Well, those are the ingredients and steps in making your homemade pasta a la Giada de Laurentiis. Since the total amount of time in preparation and cooking is about 40 to 45 minutes, the key of making this Giada homemade pasta is about patience.