Stouffer’s vegetable lasagna is indeed very delicious. However, this instant lasagna is not considered to be healthy at all. To make the healthier version, you can cook one at home using all fresh ingredients. The methods to make this dish are simple and easy, too.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cup milks, set in room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 medium-sized carrot, diced
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 medium-sized broccoli, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 150 gr mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pack lasagna noodle, cooked according to package
- 1 cup bread crumbs, toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- To start making Stouffer’s vegetable lasagna, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Make the béchamel sauce. In a large cooking pot, pour melted butter and then mix it up with all-purpose flour. Stir well.
- When the flour and butter are well-combined, pour the milk and stir continuously until it forms thick and creamy sauce. Bring the sauce to boil and then turn off the heat. Set the sauce aside.
- In other pan, heat up olive oil. Then, add in onion and garlic. Cook for a minute or two until the garlic is softened. Then, add in all the vegetables, starting from the carrots, broccoli, and then the spinach.
- Season the mixture with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Then, add in the beaten egg and the parmesan cheese. Turn off the heat.
- Prepare a baking dish. Grease the dish with cooking spray. Start layering the lasagna by spreading the béchamel sauce on the bottom. Then, top it off with the lasagna noodle, vegetable mixture, and then béchamel sauce again. Repeat until the dish is full.
- Top the lasagna with mozzarella cheese and toasted breadcrumbs. Then, cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Put the dish into the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil halfway done.
For those who want to make Stouffer’s vegetable lasagna individual size at home, there is the recipe for you. It will help you cook the best vegetable lasagna that will taste even better than the original one from Stouffer. This version of Stouffer’s vegetable lasagna is also healthier.