Crock pot roast with pepperoncini is one of the most popular recipe variations of crock pot roast. Part of the reason might be because it is so easy to make, up to the point that the process essentially only involves dump every ingredient and start. Despite the simple procedure, a recipe of crock pot roast with pepperoncini and ranch below is still guaranteed to bring you amazing flavor of classic pot roast.
The following crock pot roast with pepperoncini recipe uses chuck roast, which is the toughest beef cuts with high collagen amount and fat content, as it will be braised in crock pot for several hours long to be turned into tender meat. However, if you want healthier alternative, you may replace it with brisket or round cuts.
- 9 pieces jarred pepperoncini
- ½ – 1 cup jarred pepperoncini juice
- 3 – 6 lbs. beef chuck roast
- 1 oz. au jus gravy
- 1 oz. dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 butter stick
- Put the beef chuck roast inside crock pot.
- Pour pepperoncini juice, and then sprinkle au jus gravy and dry ranch dressing inside crock pot.
- Put butter stick over the ingredients in the crock pot.
- Close the crock pot with lid and then set it over high heat for four to six hours, or low heat for eight to nine hours. The cook time depends on the size of the roast. You may cut the chuck roast in half to achieve even cooked result.
- Turn the heat off after the chuck roast is done cooked. To know if it’s already cooked, the roast should be tender that it is easily fall apart.
- Let the drippings off to another container and then shred the chuck roast using forks.
- Pour the drippings back in, with an amount according to your preference. It has plenty of flavor so you may put a lot back in. It can be used as gravy as well.
- Serve the chuck roast with mashed potatoes or rice.
After you have read and try the recipe above, you would understand that it basically cannot be easier to create. The preparation takes only about five minutes, and while the process takes hours, you can leave it alone to cook on its own. The incredible smell of crock pot roast with pepperoncini after it being cooked slowly all day is definitely hard to resist for anyone at home.