Finding out the classico alfredo sauce recipes is indeed important. The white sauce is one of the most famous ones when it comes to pasta sauce. It is up there with the classic marinara or Bolognese. Instead of buying jars of it in the supermarket, try to make it on your own. It is very easy, and everyone should be able to make it in only a few minutes.
- 1/4 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups lukewarm milk
- 2 large-sized garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- To start making classico alfredo sauce recipes, prepare a heavy-bottomed skillet and heat it on the stove over medium heat.
- Add in butter on the skillet and let the butter completely melted.
- To the melted butter, add minced garlic. Sauté until the garlic is softened and fragrant (about 1-2 minutes)
- Immediately add in the flour and stir to combine flour and butter. Cook for about 5 minutes until the mixture is slightly bubbling.
- Then, pour 1 1/2 cup of fresh milk to the mixture. Use a balloon whisker to combine all ingredients in the pot. Keep whisking until the mixture is slightly thickened.
- Once thickened, add the rest of the milk. Cook again for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the grated parmesan cheese and parsley. Cook until the cheese is dissolved. Then, adjust the taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with any types of pasta you desire.
The recipe is very easy to follow, right? Then, how to make classico alfredo sauce taste better? Well, you can add more cheese. A lot of people love cheesier sauces, and you can do that with your alfredo sauce. Instead of parmesan, add more types of cheese. There is a version of alfredo called the four-cheese alfredo, and you can add three more types of cheese: mozzarella cheese, provolone cheese and Romano cheese.
In addition, make the sauce taste better by adding heavy cream. However, it will make the sauce to thicken even faster, so you will have to serve with the right types of pasta, and serve the dish immediately. The sauce is basically just a blank canvas, and you should be able to customize the flavor by even adding spices, like nutmeg into the classico alfredo sauce recipes.