You can try ina garten pasta carbonara at home. It is easy to prepare because there are no complex ingredients and cooking methods. You only need pasta, olive oil, bacon, cheese, and additional seasoning. To know more about this recipe, read the following sections.
- 10-12 or more ounces spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 4 ounces slab bacon or pancetta, sliced or cubed into small strips
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2-3 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (or Parmigiano-Reggiano),
- Black pepper
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley, fresh and chopped
- Prepare sated water in large pot and boil it. Put paste inside the pot and cook for up to ten minutes. Make sure the pasta is tender firm, but very subtle. After that, drain and keep 1/2 cup water or more for sauce.
- Preheat olive oil in skillet at medium flame. Cook bacon to look crisp and all fats are rendered completely. Move bacon to platter and put aside. Remove bacon fat and change with olive oil, 2-3 tablespoons
- Add garlic into skillet that already has olive oil. Sauté for one minute to look light brown. Put spaghetti and mix them slowly for 2 minutes. Then, set it aside and clean the skillet.
- Prepare mixing bowl then mix eggs and Parmesan cheese together. Stir and mix them until blend completely then pour into pasta. Whisk again until no scramble, he and eggs becomes thicken form.
- Use salted water to reduce the thickness on sauce. Mix carbonara with black pepper and salt to taste. Add chopped parsley and cheese then the recipe is ready to serve.
The key ingredients are spaghetti and bacon. If you want to serve for family, add more to get enough amounts. Interesting thing about Ina garten pasta carbonara is that it’s flexible to adjust with personal taste and preference. You may add more proportion to bacon and eggs if you like additional protein. On the other side, more spaghetti is favorable for person who likes the pasta definitely. Therefore, everyone can mix and match based on various styles, such pasta carbonara with peas.
Cooking time is about 25 minutes, even less. At first, you have to make sure the bacon is sliced in small pieces. As you know, it helps to cook faster when blended with the rest of ingredients. You may consider using fat from bacon as the sauce to replace olive oil. That’s optional for people who like bacon taste. Add more pepper and salt to balance the flavor in Ina garten pasta carbonara.