For those who love fast foods, Hardees gravy recipe is one of people’s favorite recipes. Many people want to create their own version of Hardees recipes at home due to its signature taste which makes their mouth water just to think about it. As one of America’s biggest fast food restaurant chain, the restaurants have been serving the people for almost 60 years. As of February 2016, the restaurants are spread all around the country with 5,812 branches. In the beginning of the restaurant’s openings, it chose the locations primarily in the Midwestern and Southern parts of the United States.
Since the first time the restaurant was founded on June 23rd 1960 in North Carolina, much corporate ownership tried to join forces with the restaurant. Luckily, in 1997, the restaurant was merged into one with the Carl’s Jr. parent company. This brought the restaurant to more spotlights as more people got to know the restaurant’s signature foods. Among all the foods which are offered by the restaurant, two of them are the famous ones; namely buttermilk biscuits and sausage Hardees gravy recipe. Here are the steps to make the foods.
Ingredients for Hardees Buttermilk Biscuits:
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 4 cups of self-rising flour
- 2/3 cup of shortening
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- Put the number of 400° F to preheat the oven.
- Mix together all the ingredients.
- No need to knead the biscuits’ dough.
- Do not cut the shortening in the flour.
- Using a floured board, roll the dough and cut into the shape of biscuits with dough cutters or a glass.
- Brush with buttermilk the tops of each biscuit.
- Bake the dough at 400° F for approximately 15-20 minutes using a greased baking sheet until the color turns golden or until the dough rises.
- The buttermilk biscuits are ready to serve.
Ingredients for Sausage Hardees Gravy
- 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 pound of pork sausage
- 1 dash of salt and black pepper
- 1 quart of whole milk
Directions for Hardees Gravy Recipe:
- In a skillet, cook the pork sausage.
- Wait for the fat to drain.
- Stir the sausage well after sprinkling flour over it.
- Cook the sausage and the flour together for approximately 5-8 minutes.
- All at once, add the whole milk.
- Cook until the sausage is thickened over medium heat.
- Add two dashes of salt and black pepper.
- Serve together with the previous Hardees Buttermilk Biscuits.
For better taste, you can also eat both the buttermilk biscuits and sausage with fruit juice, coffee, or a side dish of cheesy eggs. Or you can just eat the two of them together; it will still taste delicious. Some people even consider the recipes as the quickest, yummiest, and easiest buttermilk biscuits and sausage gravy recipes ever. They even guarantee that you will not find yummier and easier buttermilk biscuits and sausage gravy recipe with such deliciousness and simplicity other than Hardees gravy recipe.