If you like making cake, you should know how long to bake mini muffins. This mini-sized special cake is no less delicious if compared with the usual size. However, because of the different sizes, the way to make it also needs to be adjusted. This time, we will use the recipe of lemon mini muffins recipe as the basic one.
As mentioned before, the way to make mini muffins is different from regular-sized muffins. This is because the size is only 1/3 of the regular ones. Therefore, how to make it, including the portion of ingredients used, must also be adjusted. If regular material measurement is used to make mini muffins, then the cake will be too spongy and tasteless. In addition, the temperature of oven also affects the condition of muffins, so this time we will focus on learning how long to bake mini muffins at a different temperature.
Ingredients for 18 servings:
- 1 cup of filtered, all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ cup of white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of filtered salt
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice (you can use lemon squeegee if you like)
- 2 teaspoon of lemon zest (grated lemon)
- A piece of egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons of clear vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- First of all, preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Lightly grease your mini muffin pan with butter or vegetable oil.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) in a medium bowl.
- Take a measuring cup and mix together the egg yolk, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract and vegetable oil.
- Pour the mixture into the flour compound and stir it thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into each cup in the pan for about 2/3 of it.
- Turn the oven down and put inside the pan, and then crank it up.
- To learn how long to bake mini muffins, bake for approximately 13 minutes first, and then stick a toothpick in the middle of the muffin to make sure it is baked thoroughly.
- Turn off the oven and take the muffins out, give it a minute to cool down.
- Voila! Your bite-sized lemon muffins are ready to serve.
The specialty of this recipe is its possibility to be customized as you want. If you have enough time, change the oven temperature to be smaller than 375oF. You can find out how long to bake mini muffins at 350oF which is approximately 18-20 minutes or how long to bake mini muffins at 325oF which takes 25-30 minutes. Logically, the lower the temperature, the longer it takes to bake the muffins.
These cakes are the right snack to serve at a family gathering. Accompanied by a cup of hot coffee or a glass of ice tea, your day will be even more perfect with those bite-sized muffins. After all, you have already known all about how long to bake mini muffins at different temperatures.