Meatless baked ziti with ricotta and mozzarella is one of the easiest dishes to make. It is also delicious and everyone would love to have this dish on the dinner table. So, if you want to make one? Follow this recipe down below. This recipe uses three different kinds of cheese and no meat in it. It is generally healthier for sure. Here they are for you to read:
- 1 box (16 oz) ziti pasta
- 1 large-sized egg, beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 jar (3 cups) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Pour 3 cups water into large pot. Add in salt and olive oil. Bring the water to boil. Then, add dried ziti pasta to the water. Cook for 8-10 minutes (depends on the package instructions) until the pasta is al dente. Drain well after it is cooked. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Prepare a large bowl. In it, mix together ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese (half of it), and parmesan cheese. Then, season the cheese mixture with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Add the beaten egg and stir well.
- Add in the cooked ziti pasta into the cheese mixture. Mix well until pasta is covered with the cheese sauce.
- Prepare a casserole dish. Spray it with cooking spray. Add in all the pasta mixture into the dish. Then, pour spaghetti sauce on top of it followed by the rest of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the dish in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve the meatless baked ziti with ricotta and mozzarella hot.
The recipe is very simple to make. However, if you have more time, you can turn it into layered baked ziti with ricotta by layering the ingredients on the baking dish, just like making lasagna. It is all right when you do not do that anyway. This recipe is still going to be delicious.
Serve this dish with baked vegetables on the side or with salad, depend on your preference. This dish is better to be enjoyed while hot. When you are making this dish, make sure that you know the pasta does not have to be ziti. It can be everything else, including pene or elbow macaroni pasta to make this meatless baked ziti with ricotta and mozzarella recipe.