Bush’s baked beans gluten free products are recommended for people who want to enjoy homey taste of baked beans without gluten content. There is no starch added during production process. Being gluten free does not mean that it does not taste good, though. If you know great a great recipe to cook the beans, you will have five-star homemade meal for dinner. Here is an easy Boston baked beans recipe that will please family and friends.
- 2 cups Bush’s baked beans gluten free
- ½ pound bacon or leaner cuts if you prefer the recipe to be less fatty
- An onion, chopped finely
- ½ cup tomato sauce or ketchup
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons molasses or maple syrup as an alternative
- A tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon dried mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly grounded
- Separate the baked beans from juice but keep the juice.
- Preheat the oven at 325ºF (165ºC).
- Place a third of baked beans onto the bottom of 2-quart casserole dish then layer its top with bacon and onion bits. Alternate between layers until baked beans, meats, and onion have run out.
- Heat up tomato sauce, light brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, molasses, dried mustard, black pepper, and salt in a saucepan. Wait until the sauce mixture boils.
- Pour the sauce onto beans-meats-onion layers.
- Add some of the remaining baked beans juice to the dish.
- Place the lid on top of baked beans.
- Bake the beans for three to four hours in the oven. Take off the lid halfway through cooking process so that browning can happen on top. If the dish looks too dry, you can add remaining baked beans juice.
- This dish can serve up to 6 people.
The prep time for this dish is only 30 minutes although the whole cooking process may take up to 5 hours. However, this Boston-style baked bean is perfect for family dinner and entertaining guests. It combines salty and sweet flavor. This dish is definitely for times when you want to indulge on comforting food. Each serving has about 382 calories.
Another great thing about this dish is that, it can be paired with other dishes like turkey and meat. It can be served during holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. People will rave about it. Try this Bush’s baked beans gluten free recipe and you will not regret it.