Smashburger Black Bean Burger recipe is one of the healthier burger options to recreate if you avoid high calorie consumption for the day. At least, you can compared to the average fast food chain menus out there because instead of using ground beef burger with high cholesterol and fat level, it uses black bean that high in nutrition like fiber, minerals and vitamins. A lot of people are not really into stack of vegetables layered on their patty, but somehow Smashburger manages to make it favorable to the texture.
The distinctive look on smash and sear method successfully produce crusty meat on outside and not overly mushy meat on inside. If you’re curious on how to prepare it, here are the Smashburger Black Bean Burger ingredients and how to cook it.
- 16 oz. or 1 can of black beans
- 3 oz. or ½ of small sized onion
- 3 oz. or ½ of medium green bell pepper
- 3 oz. of whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 cloves of garlic, cleaned
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Rinse the black bean and absorb its moisture using paper towel
- Mash the black bean in a bowl
- Minced the onion, garlic, and bell pepper
- Combine the black bean and minced ingredients
- Put the salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder into the mix and stir well
- Add whole wheat bread crumbs into the container, then beat the egg with the mixture
- Divide the mixture into 4 to 5 part and form each into patty
- You can choose to grill, bake, or refrigerate the patty
- If you want to grill the patty, put oil on the grill and cook for 4-5 on each side
- If you want to bake it, bake at 375°F
- Keep the patty ziplocked inside the freezer if you want to refrigerate it
The Smashburger Black Bean Burger recipe only takes 15 minutes to cook and 10 minutes to prepare. It can serve up to 5 people with adult portion. You can also add toppings such as mayo sauce, pickles, avocado, lettuce, or tomato you’d like to enhance the flavor.
For a nice family dinner, consider to serve it with various side dishes such as potato salad, fruit salad, barbeque and so on. For vegan version of Smashburger Black Bean Burger recipe, use flax meal to replace the egg.