Black soybeans Keto is one of the most recommended food ingredients for the diet. Ketogenic diet or more known as Keto diet is getting so popular recently. Because it is believed to be able to lose weight quickly and healthily. Keto diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet. There are so many food ingredients that are ideal for such a diet, one of them is black soybeans. It is because black soybeans are high in fibers and low in carbs.
In this article, we will share an easy black soybeans keto recipe in a Cuban style. This side dish recipe is totally simple and easy. But you need to remember that time is the key to making this recipe taste greatly delicious. The longer you cook it, the more the flavours develop. You can serve this side dish with pork or chicken. You only need 20 minutes in total to cook this recipe; 10 minutes for the preparation and another 10 minutes for cooking it.
Ingredients You Need
Below are the ingredients to make this low-carb Cuban style black soybeans side dish.
- 2. 15 oz cans of black soybeans. You can use any brand. Do not rinse or drain the black soybeans.
- ½ red onions, diced small
- ½ green pepper, diced small
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small Jalapeno, diced small. Do not forget to remove the seeds.
- 1 teaspoon of oil, you can use olive oil or avocado oil.
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
Here are the steps to cook this Cuban style black soybeans Keto recipe.
- Add oil to the pan and heat over medium heat. Once the oil is heated, add diced red onions, green pepper, Jalapeno, and minced garlic. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- After that, add 2 cans of black soybeans. Then, add the seasonings; cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add bay leaves.
- Develop the flavours by letting the mixture simmer over low heat. Let it simmer for around 30 minutes to 45 minutes, stir it occasionally.
- Remove the bay leaves and stir in white vinegar before you serve it. Serve this side dish with cauliflower rice and other dishes, such as roasted chicken.
If you prefer the beans thicker, you can add mashed potatoes in the mixture. Are you interested to try this Cuban recipe of black soybeans Keto?