Need to find an inspiration on how to make lupini beans keto into a healthy meal? Lupini Beans are the delicious, unique, and healthy snack that can be enjoyed in so many different recipe versions throughout the year. They work as an ingredient for appetizer and main course as well. You can see by yourself how easy it is to prepare the meal as you read the recipe below.
Lupin or lupini beans are the seeds of lupinus plant that has yellowish color. It is mostly grown in southwestern Europe or Australia. It is an extremely popular ingredient in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean, and Latin America countries as street food. These seeds are referred as termos in Arabis and tremoços in Portugal.
Lupin beans contain amazing amount of protein. In fact, soy beans are the only plant seeds that have been proved to have more protein that they do so far. Lupini is also wonderfully gluten-free, high in fiber, and a great resource of potassium, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and manganese. Here is the protein-packed lupini beans keto recipe.
- 1 cup lupini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil or any vegetable oil of your choice
- 1 tsp of spice or herbs seasoning of your choice
- Prepare your oven by preheating it to 375°F.
- Set a baking sheet and lay a parchment paper on it.
- Pour the lupini beans in small bowl, mix it with vegetable oil.
- Spread the mix on top of layered baking sheet. Bake it for about 45 minutes.
- Turn the oven off after 45 minutes, but leave the baked lupini inside the closed oven for about an hour to let it dry and get crunchy.
- After an hour passed, get it out of even then toss your seasoning over it. Enjoy the baked lupini beans keto.
If you are in the midst of healthy diet, then these keto-friendly and low carb lupini beans will make a delicious and crispy snack without disturbing it. It tastes savory, crunchy, and have a good source of beneficial nutrition such as lysine and amino acid on top of that.
The recipe above contains 3 servings at once. It only has 50 minutes of total, with 5 minutes being prep time and 45 minutes for the cook time. You can easily multiply the amount of ingredients needed accordingly, if you were to make this lupini beans keto recipe as a part of treat during large gatherings.