Bush’s Baked Beans with Ground Beef is a typical food from the southern area of the US. Well, you can just actually eat that way with some other ingredients like lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, corn, and more. Even for the lovers of fast foods, it can be a tasty meal to eat together with a hot dog.
But sure, you can also turn the food into others by adding or lessening things. Maybe, one of the most popular variations of the baked beans and the ground beef combination is the baked bean Casserole with ground beef. So, are you interested in making the recipe? Sure, you can also add more things to make the casserole taste better. One of them is by adding bacon. Here are the ingredients and steps to follow.
- 1 pound of ground beef,
- 15 ounces of baked beans, you can also use 2 cans of Pork & Beans,
- ¼ cup of dried onion flakes, minced,
- ¼ cup of light brown sugar,
- ¼ teaspoons of salt,
- ½ teaspoons of ground black pepper,
- 6 tablespoons of ketchup,
- 1 tablespoon of mustard,
- 5 slices of precooked bacon.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Prepare a 2-quart casserole tray and coat it with cooking spray.
- Cook the ground beef for around 10 minutes using a large skillet or pan until it is brown and dry. Break the meat using a fork during the cooking process for perfect Bush’s baked beans with ground beef. Put the ground beef into a large bowl.
- Pour other ingredients into the bowl including the baked beans, onion flakes, light brown sugar, salt, black pepper, ketchup, and mustard. Mix them well.
- Pour the ground beef dough into a casserole tray.
- Slice bacon and pour them on top of the beef dough. Cover them with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake around 45 minutes until the dough is thick and bubbly. The casserole is ready to serve.
Interestingly, you can combine this food with other recipes. For example, there is ground beef and baked beans burger. So, the casserole is put in the middle of burger pieces as filling together with vegetables like lettuce and tomato slices. Besides, if it is difficult to find Southern baked beans with ground beef around, you can replace it with ground turkey. The casserole’s texture may be different but the tastes are still as good as using Bush’s baked beans with ground beef.