If you are looking for shepherd’s pie ground beef frozen vegetables recipe, you have come to the right place. Down below, there is this easiest recipe of shepherd pie you can ever find. It uses simple ingredients like store-bought ground beef and frozen mixed vegetables. You can just buy them in supermarket aisles with ease. Make the dish right now and here’s the recipe to follow.
- 1 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 packet instant mashed potato powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Start making the shepherd’s pie ground beef frozen vegetables by preheating oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celsius for at least 10 minutes.
- Mix instant mashed potato powder with hot water (according to the instruction) and stir until done.
- Mix the mashed potato with shredded cheddar cheese. Set the mashed potato aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook the ground beef for 5 minutes until the ground beef is browned and cooked.
- Drain the excess fat of the ground beef. Then, add in ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well.
- Next, add in the thawed frozen vegetables. Mix well. Give the mixture a taste and adjust it with salt and pepper.
- Prepare a baking dish, line the baking dish with butter. Spoon the beef and vegetables mixture into the baking dish.
- On top of the beef mixture, spread the mashed potato.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Rest for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
If you do not like dish to be cooked in one large skillet, you can also use smaller pot and make individual pie. Even though this is not a classic shepherd’s pie recipe, the flavor of this dish is going to blow your mind away. It is so delicious for something you can effortlessly make. It takes only a few steps and requires no cutting and no complicated preparations.
This is why this recipe is the best one to make, especially by those who do not have fancy kitchen. Students in their dorm or people living in no-kitchen apartment can still make this shepherd’s pie ground beef frozen vegetables with ease.