Pellet Grill Smoked Salmon is the most flavorful, smokey, and melted salmon you will ever taste in your mouth, especially if it is combined with maple orange glaze. While the cooking process takes a little time and a lot of patience, it is entirely worth it. Never had smoked salmon like this before? It is the type of dish that is worth waiting for.
Pellet Grill Smoked Salmon is a meal experience that everyone is sure to love. It requires special attention, but it sure is worth waiting for. It is a perfect smoked dish for the weekend, and it will be hard to find any leftover the moment this dish is served on the table.
When purchasing the salmon, make sure to buy the salmon with skin and have less fat within the muscles. The skin will hold the salmon together during smoking and curing processes. Sockeye salmon or wild Alaskan king is highly recommended because it gives the best smokey flavor. Still, you can buy what you desired. To have this delectable dish on the table, do read on the Pellet Grill Smoked Salmon recipe below.
- 2 until 3 pounds of salmon fillet with skin-on, cut into small portions
- For brine liquid:
- 1 cup of real maple syrup
- 4 cups of cold water
- 1/3 cup of kosher salt
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 orange peel
For maple orange glaze:
- ¼ cup of orange juice
- ½ cup of real maple syrup
- In a glass pan, combine all the ingredients for the brine liquid and stir it well until the kosher salt is completely dissolved. Slowly submerge the salmon pieces into the brine liquid, put the lid on, and place it on the fridge for 8 up to 12 hours. If the salmon fillets are not too thick, 8 hours should be fine. Meanwhile, thicker salmon will require 12 hours marinate process.
- Take the salmon from the brine liquid and place it on the cooling rack, which has previously been covered with a cookie sheet. Put the salmon in the fridge for about 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine the orange juice and real maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Preheat the smoker to 170 degrees Fahrenheit. Put the salmon pieces on the grates, the skin side down, and smoke it for 3 to 4 hours. Occasionally brush the salmon with the maple orange glaze for every hour during the smoking process.
- Smoked salmon can either be served hot or cold.
Although it requires a lot of time and patience, Pellet Grill Smoked Salmon will definitely be the best smokey dish you will ever taste.