Velveeta Queso Crockpot dip is a perfect choice whenever you want an easy, quick, and authentic warm dip for your crockpot. There are only two essential ingredients needed, and apart from that, it just takes several minutes to dice the Velveeta cheese and open up some Rotel-style tomatoes that are basically a canned diced tomato and green chilies. Last, add both ingredients in a slow cooker.
This Velveeta Queso Crockpot recipe could be fancied as desired. Add other ingredients such as chorizo sausage, some jalapeno peppers, fresh cilantro, or salsa before serving it. But you can just go with the authentic recipe.
- 16 ounce of American cheese. In order to get a perfect queso sauce, a Velveeta cheese is definitely recommended. There’s a good reason why it’s the best choice for making Velveeta Queso Crockpot. It’s because it will melt perfectly without being too oily like any other type of cheese.
- Cubed tomatoes and green chilies. To save time, it’s recommended to buy a canned one. The RoTel product works really well for the queso. Still, there are also many other brands available in a regular store. If you can’t find them, do combine the regular canned cubed tomatoes with some canned cubed green chilies. For another alternative, jarred salsa also works just fine.
- 8 ounce of milk
- 1 tsp of chili pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- ½ tsp of cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp of salt
- Add diced Velveeta cheese, tomatoes, green chilies, and all the seasoning to a slow cooker.
- Put the lid on and set on low for about two hours until all the cheese is melted perfectly.
- Occasionally stir the mixture to combine all the ingredients, put the lid on, and cook for one hour again.
- To keep the queso warm, set the slow cooker on warm so that the queso can be served with tortilla chips for around four hours.
If you have cilantro, some cooked sausages, jalapeno, or salsa, do throw them into the slow cooker and stir it well before serving it with tortilla chips. Put the tortilla chips in a separate bowl and let the guests dip the chips right away from the crockpot, or spoon some queso into small bowls and serve them out. This tasty cheese sauce can also be poured over tortilla chips. If there is a leftover sauce, transfer it in a container and place it in the fridge. You can just warm up the Velveeta Queso Crockpot in the microwave whenever you want to eat it.