You may ever taste the outback chicken tortilla soup, and want to make it on your own. Some recipes are available, so you just pick one and try it at home. The challenge is you need more ingredients to make the best chicken soup. The task takes time, especially when you must buy and gather the necessary things.
As solution, the following recipe will provide the simplest chicken tortilla soup. You just use the slow cooker that’s enough to keep all ingredients. The preferable option is the slow cooker with capacity 6 quartz. If you do not have it, the smaller size is fine. Now, let’s check the outback chicken tortilla soup recipe below.
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 5 tortillas, cut two ones into thin strips, tear the remaining into large pieces
- 1 diced onion,
- 6 minced garlic cloves,
- 29 ounces tomatoes, minced
- 8-10 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tbsps. cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4-5 bay leaves
- 4-6 boneless chicken, breast uncooked
- 1/2 cup fresh and chopped cilantro,
- 14-15 ounces frozen corn
- Lime juice
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare a slow cooker. The big one is better.
- Put onions, garlic, chicken stock, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, boneless chicken, and bay leaves.
- Stir them and cook in low mode for up to 8 hours. As alterative, high pressure cooking is good option that takes 3 to 4 hours.
- Thirty minutes before chicken is ready, take out the bay leaves and shred the chicken. Use fork for this one.
- Add cilantro, lime juice, three tortillas, and frozen corn into the slow cooker. Cook again up to 30 minutes.
- Prepare skillet and vegetable oil. Cook the remaining of tortilla until they are browned and crispy.
- Put chicken on a bowl. Add shredded cheese and crispy tortilla as the toppings.
From instructions, you know that making thick chicken tortilla soup recipe takes long period. If you pick slow cooking, you spend at least 6 hours. High pressure seems another option since your recipe will be ready after 3 hours. You can pick the one that’s suitable with your situation. If the chicken has bone, the cooking will require additional one or two hours.
You do not need advanced cooking skill. In fact, everything is done in the slow cooker. This device has various functions, especially in making soup. You may try to adjust and combine this recipe with extra spices and ingredients. The outback chicken tortilla soup is definitely your favorite because it is easy and simple.