Salad doesn’t have to always stick with vegetables only, try ditalini pasta salad. Also known as macaroni pasta, ditalini pasta can also be transformed into something suitable as your summer tasty food choice. It doesn’t even take long to make it, especially if all the ingredients are prepared already. You can make the dish along with your kids or your loved one. Spending time together with cooking should be a fun thing to do during the summer!
Below is the ditalini pasta salad recipe. Keep in mind the quantities mentioned below is for 2-3 servings.
- One cup of ditalini pasta
- 2 tablespoons of finely diced red onion
- 5 sweet basil leaves
- ¼ cup of frozen peas
- 1 rib of celery with leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Zest from ½ lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise, add more or reduce the amount as preferred
- Hardboiled egg for garnish, sliced – add more as preferred
- Basil sprigs for garnish
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika powder
- Sea salt/coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- First, cook the ditalini pasta. You can cook the pasta based on the instructions written in the package.
- Have a colander. Strain the ditalini pasta. After that, rinse the cooked pasta with cold water so that the pasta keeps being moist.
- After the water falls out totally, place the ditalini pasta in a large bowl.
- Now add other ingredients such as the celery, frozen peas, and diced red onion. Then mix well.
- Pour the lemon juice, the lemon zest, minced garlic, paprika powder, red pepper flakes, mayonnaise, salt, and the pepper into the small bowl.
- Whisk all of these ingredients altogether. Check the taste. You can add whichever seasoning it is that you think is lacking. These ingredients will give you light tasted dressing. Your palate may prefer more intense taste – so, feel free to make the taste suitable for you.
- Add the dressing to those aforementioned salad ingredients combined in the large bowl.
- Then, just like what you do with other salad, mix the ingredients with the dressing.
- You can also adjust the taste with salt and pepper if needed.
- Add the garnish and place the salad in the serving dish as your choice.
That’s how you make ditalini pasta salad recipe. The salad will be better if served chill. So, you can cover the salad with plastic wrap then store it in your fridge. Put there for two or three hours, and here you go the ditalini pasta salad.