See how potatoes au gratin Ina Garten is made from this recipe below. For ones who are not kitchen person, potatoes au gratin may sound like an alien term. Combined with the words au gratin from French, potatoes au gratin simply means the potatoes will be the crusty part of the meal. Ina Garten – that host in Food Network – doesn’t leave this recipe not tried. It doesn’t require you difficult technique to cook, so let’s check how to make potatoes au gratin Ina Garten.
- 4 medium russet potatoes (around 2 pounds)
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 small fennel bulbs
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 2.5 cups Gruyere cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
To make potatoes au gratin Ina Garten, below is the step by step procedure.
- First, have the oven preheated to 350oF. Preheating the oven now will help to cut the cooking time.
- Prepare the potatoes. Have them peeled, cleaned, and thinly slice the potatoes with knife or using a mandoline.
- Then have the potatoes be soaked first in cold water for 10-15 minutes. After that, take the potatoes and dry them with paper towel. Gently pat the slices.
- Next, work on the fennel. First, remove the stalks. Then cut it into half. Remove the cores, and then have the bulbs be cut crosswise thinly.
- Sauté the fennel and sliced onion with the mix of olive oil and butter. Use medium-low heat and wait until the fennel looks tender. Stir it occasionally.
- On a large bowl, mix the potatoes, 2 cups of Gruyere cheese, 2 cups of heavy cream, also salt and pepper as seasoning.
- Then, get the sautéed fennel and onion. Combine the fennel and onion with those potatoes. Mix it well until the cream distributed evenly.
- Now it’s time to bake. From the large bowl, transfer the potatoes and all other ingredients into a baking dish.
- Gently press the combo to make the potatoes smoothen. For the topping, sprinkle 2 tablespoons of heavy cream and ½ cup of grated Gruyere cheese.
- Put the dish into the preheated oven. Bake for 1½ hours.
Once the baking time surpassed, take out the dish. You’ll see how amazing the colors of this potatoes au gratin. Let it set for around 10 minutes, and that’s the time to serve. That’s how to make potatoes au gratin Ina Garten.