Omaha Steaks Apple Tarts is a tasty and worth to recreate recipe. It might sound weird at first, for a company that’s known making cuts of beef offers a dessert so good that you want to make it yourself, but it does.
It is not easy to get Omaha Steaks Apple Tarts if you’re not having access or living around near the stores. Yes, there might be some alternative such as the Apple Tarts that sold on Trader Joe’s and other places. However, if you can create it on your own, why don’t just give it a shot? Here are the Omaha Steaks apple tarts cooking instructions and listed ingredients to help you make one.
For the crust:
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp cold water
For the apple filling:
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 medium apples, peeled and cored
- 2 tbsp butter
For the caramel sauce:
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 5 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Create the crust first: combine salt and flour in a medium-sized bowl. Add chunks of butter and put them all in food processor, let it blend until it appears crumbling. Put the mixture back in bowl and add water until the dough forms ball. Cover and set it aside for half an hour.
- Next, create the apple filling: prepare a cast iron skillet and melt butter over it. Add brown sugar, apples, and cinnamon. Wait until the sauce thickened and apples softened for about 5 minutes.
- To create the caramel sauce: set a saucepan on medium heat. Mix cornstarch and brown sugar together then add cream butter. Stir and cook until the mix thickened. Turn the heat off and stir vanilla in.
- Put the dough out from fridge and lay out on a floured surface. Make it roll on ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut circles of a small bowl size. Then cut four slits on the crust.
- Put apple filling in the middle of crust. Lift the cut slits and pinch them together at the edges.
- Drizzle caramel sauce on top of the tarts and put them on oiled cookie sheet.
- Bake it for half an hour at 400°F until it turns crispy and light brown colored.
- Serve and enjoy with whipped cream or ice cream.
The tart recipe above is a perfect and pleasant snack to serve at party or dinner. The Omaha Steaks Apple Tarts is simple to make in less than 20 minutes even with the baking time to have a satisfying dessert.