African American macaroni and cheese recipes are here! Nobody can resist the temptation of mac and cheese. For long time, macaroni and cheese has got special place in everyone’s heart. How do you usually get your mac and cheese? Some people are not confident enough in baking on their own, so buying in fast food restaurant is the best choice. Change your habit and make your own healthy baked mac and cheese. Even if your cooking skill is next to zero, your chance to succeed is nearly 100 percent.
The macaroni and cheese recipes below offer soulful and flavorful mac and cheese you have ever got. Smoked cheddar is the secret that makes it mouthwatering. Soft macaroni that blends together with melted smoked cheddar cheese gives amazing feeling on your mouth. You can also modify the Southern macaroni and cheese recipes, for example by adding mozzarella. Are you ready to cook? There you go.
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups uncooked macaroni
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Paprika (optional)
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- 8 oz shredded velvetta
- 1 cup cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Colby & Monterey Jack
- Start African American macaroni and cheese recipes by preheating your oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Get your macaroni then cook until you get the right texture as desired. This recipe recommends you to cook until al dente or a little under it. The easiest way to get the right texture is following the instructions on the box. Please not that you should not make it overcook.
- Drain macaroni, set aside.
- Prepare a large bowl. Add heavy cream, milk, and cheeses, except the smoked cheddar (you will need it later).
- Stir thoroughly until well combined.
- Taste the mixture, add pepper and salt as desired. You can also add other ingredients such as paprika or onion to improve the taste.
- After getting the right taste, add eggs. Stir well.
- Prepare 9×9 inch baking dish, spray with cooking oil. Pour the macaroni and sprinkle with cheese mixture generously. The last, top with smoked cheddar.
- Bake for 35 until 45 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
- Rest for 15 minutes or until set.
This recipe only spends 45 minutes of total cooking time, with 10 minutes of preparation time and 35 minutes of cook time. This recipe yields 6 servings. What are you waiting for? Make your own mac n cheese with these African American macaroni and cheese recipes.