Alaskan cod recipes can be the best dish if you are into healthy diet. Alaskan cod fish is rich of nutrients, not only protein but also omega 3 and others. When it comes to healthy dish, the chance is you will say “yuck” because most of them are tasteless and flavorless. Wait until you meet this Alaskan cod with shrimp recipe. It is flavorsome that makes your family beg for more. Combined with fresh tomato, you can taste the freshness even if you just mention it.
The following Alaskan cod recipe is quite simple. It does not need too many ingredients as well as complicated cooking process. Even, it will be ready in 25 minutes. To improve the taste, you may also add other ingredients as you like. Read the recipe carefully and make your own Alaskan cod with shrimp.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 5 large tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lb Alaskan cod
- 1 tbsp dried oregano to taste
- ½ lb large shrimp
- Salt to taste
- To begin with Alaskan cod recipes, you need to heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Pour minced garlic until golden brown or you can smell the nice aroma. Be careful with the garlic because it can easily burn.
- Add chopped tomatoes, mix well. When you see the tomato juice, add dried oregano.
- Put shrimp and cod on the skillet. Add salt to taste. Simmer the skillet for 3 minutes; do not forget to place the cover.
- Flip the cod, add salt again and dried oregano. Cook for another 3 minutes with cover on it.
- Remove the skillet cover; cook for another 3 minutes until the juice reduce.
- Alaskan cod recipe healthy with shrimp is ready to serve. Put tomato slices if desired.
Do you see how fast it is? The recipes do not take much of your time, making it a perfect dish for dinner after a whole working day. Even though it seems so simple, you will be surprised by the nutrition facts. For each serving, Alaskan cod with shrimp contains 166 calories, 7.6 g carbohydrates, 5.7 g fat, 21.3 g protein, 128 mg sodium, and 85 mg cholesterol. There is no reason not to cook this recipe at home. With simple ingredients, fast cooking time, and balance nutrition, Alaskan cod recipes will be your new favorite.