In case you have family dinner or picnic to go, all you need is cold potluck ideas to save your life. Surely you cannot attend a special occasion without bringing something special to enjoy with entire family or friends. The problem is, you probably do not have time to cook special dish or you are not confident to let other people taste your dish. Well, there is nothing to worry about because cold potluck always offers a solution. Without long cooking time, this kind of potluck is always suitable for any occasion.
There are plenty choices of cold potluck ideas that you can go with. Even though these potluck ideas are no-cook, you cannot underestimate the taste. One of fresh recipe that you can try is Tex-Mex salad. Looks more like layered salad, this potluck tastes really fresh yet satisfying for whole family. Not to mention it is definitely easy to make. With less than 1 hour of cooking time, these cold food potluck ideas keep you cool. Stored in a clear jar or salad bowl, this recipe brings compliment to you.
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 6 cups iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 can black beans or black-eyed peas, rinsed
- 1 package frozen kernel corn
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup sweet pepper in any color, chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken or ham, diced
- 4 ounces shredded Jack cheese
- 1 carton sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup radish, diced
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- Prepare clear salad bowl or jar. Place lettuce in the bottom for the first layer.
- Organize the layers as follow: black beans, frozen corn, tomatoes, remaining lettuce, carrot, ham, sweet pepper, green onions and the last is cheese.
- After finish layering the salad, prepare for dressing. Prepare a small bowl and stir mayonnaise, chili powder and sour cream. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour dressing over salad and cover the jar with plastic wrap.
- Bring into fridge and let it rest for 6 until 24 hours.
- To serve the salad, garnish with sliced radish and cilantro.
This one of cold potluck ideas is clearly easy and mouthwatering. The recipe is suitable for vegetarians or those who are on diet. For your information, the cold potluck recipe ideas above are for 8 until 10 servings with 45 minutes of cooking time. However, you need to wait for the resting time which ranges from 6 hours until 24 hours.
In short, no need to worry about cold potluck that you are going to bring. This simple salad recipe is more than enough to bring joy for quality time with entire family. If you are going to make for more servings, you can add more ingredients. You are also free to add more vegetable choices as you desire. Try Tex-Mex salad for your cold potluck ideas for healthy, joyful dinner or picnic.