Stocks pound cake recipe is not difficult to make. You will definitely be able to make it as you follow the instructions. In addition, the ingredients are similar to the common cake. If you have ever heard Stock’s pound cake, you must have known that it has the best pound cake in town. It is very famous in Philadelphia. However, going there might be far for you. To make it at home, try to follow a recipe below.
- 1 ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, freshly grated
- 4 large eggs
- In this Stocks pound cake recipe, you have to preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Later, prepare a stand mixer. First of all, add the butter into the bowl to be beaten. Over medium speed, beat it and wait until fluffy.
- Switch the speed to low and add sugar slowly. Beat if for about 2 to 3 minutes until fluffy.
- Next, add the eggs all at once, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Over medium speed, mix them for 30 seconds to get well combined.
- The flour, salt, and baking powder are next ingredients to be mixed. Whisk them well. Just use low speed for this one.
- Bring a loaf pan to place the batter. Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray or simply use oil. Now transfer the batter to the pan.
- It is time to bake the cake. In this Stocks pound cake copycat recipe, bake it for an hour. To help you knowing that the cake is ready, you can insert a toothpick into the center of that cake. It will come out clean once the cake is well baked. Transfer it to a wire rack to let it cool down.
- Loosen the cake by running a knife around the loaf pan. The best pound cake is ready to serve.
For your information, the lemon zest is added to the batter to make it brighter. Well, the taste will also be great. Once you take a bite of cake, you will crave for more bites. Additionally, the taste is a bit lighter compared to the common pound cake. This Stocks pound cake recipe is for 8 servings.