If you want good recipes for dinner, one of the best choices is to make a rotisserie chicken. Apart from being extraordinarily delicious, rotisserie chicken is really easy to cook and can be transformed into any other dishes. When the chicken has been cooked, the meat can easily be separated from the bones. The chicken meat can be used as sandwich filling, salad ingredient, pasta sauce, omelet ingredient, fried noodles or rice, or for stir-frying. You can even prepare a rotisserie chicken in advance because it can be stored in the freezer for up to three months.
This rotisserie chicken is an example of good recipes for dinner with chicken. This recipe also comes with a gravy recipe that complements the taste of the chicken. It can be served with mashed potato or steamed rice. The side dishes or vegetables commonly used are steamed carrots, broccoli, green beans, and zucchini. Other than that, you can also prepare a vegetable stir-fry to make this dish complete. Let’s try making this rotisserie chicken with gravy!
- 3 lbs. of chicken
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon of chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Half a teaspoon of ground black pepper
Ingredients to make gravy:
- Half of an onion, grated
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 400 ml of chicken broth or water
- Half a teaspoon of ground pepper
- Prepare the chicken. Scrub its skin with salt and lemon juice until clean. Wash it thoroughly.
- Clean the insides of the chicken and wash it completely.
- Place the chicken on a heatproof dish. Dry the surface of the chicken and set aside.
- Prepare a small bowl, pour margarine or butter, rosemary, ginger, and garlic into it. Mix it all together, set aside.
- Pour the butter mixture into the cavity of the chicken. If there are some remaining, rub it all over the chicken. Sprinkle salt and paper evenly.
- Roast in the oven for one and a half hour at 170 degrees Celsius or until done. Check the doneness of your chicken by putting a fork inside it. If there are no blood and the meat feel tender, the chicken is ready.
How to make gravy:
- Prepare a pan. Pour the oil remains from the chicken into it, and use it to sauté garlic, onion, and flour until it is golden brown.
- Pour a cup of hot water into the pan and stir until there are no clumps.
- Cook until the mixture is thick enough. Add some salt and pepper to taste. The gravy is now ready.
If you are looking for good recipes for dinner without meat, you can substitute the chicken with tempeh, tofu, or other meat substitutes. You will need to adjust the duration and temperature of cooking accordingly.
After everything is done, serve your chicken along with the gravy and vegetables. Simple, quick, and easy – those are the indicators of good recipes for dinner like this one.