There are myriads of Red Copper pan recipes out there. You can get the recipes from its official cookbook or just following people’s homemade recipes on the internet. Recipes that involve broiling, searing, braising, and even baking are available. Various meat and vegetable recipes can be found among the list of recipes. Even if you have certain preferences or meal restrictions, these recipes will be able to accommodate.
Below, you will learn a Copper Chef steak recipe. This particular recipe is derived from a classic French dish, steak au poivre, which you can actually find in regular bistro across the country. This steak recipe does not require too many ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon butter, salted one is preferred for this recipe
- ¼ cup coarse peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon oil, flavorless oil like grape seed oil is recommended
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced finely
- ⅓ cup Cognac for traditional flavor
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- 2 pieces of fillet mignon, 6 to 7 ounces each. Another tender piece of steak like New York strip which is cheaper can be used as substitute according to Red Copper pan recipe book
- Season each side of the steaks with good amount of salt to give meat richer flavor.
- Crack pieces of peppercorns with grinder but be careful not to make it too fine. You can also break them to coarse pieces by placing peppercorns on safe surface like a cutting board then bash them with heavy kitchen objects.
- Coat seasoned steaks thoroughly with coarse peppercorns until you can no longer see uncoated surface.
- Melt butter on top of the pan.
- Once smoke has emitted from the butter, gently lay down pieces of steaks one by one. To cook it medium rare, insert meat thermometer into the cooking steak and make sure that the temperature is at 135ºF (57ºC).
- When the steak is cooked according to your preference, take it out from the pan then cover with aluminum foil to maintain its temperature.
- On the pan where you cooked the steak, sauté the minced shallot until fragrant.
- Pour Cognac into it. Tilt the pan to the opposite direction from you. Your pan will fire up and cook out the Cognac for a minute.
- Add heavy cream into the pan and heat for about four minutes and it thickens.
- Place meat on top of serving plate then pour the sauce on top of it.
- It is one of the Red Copper pan recipes designed for two people.
If you are entertaining guests, whether in formal or casual situation, this recipe will work wonder to impress. Even then, some people may find this steak recipe to be one of challenging Red copper pan recipes. Cooking out the Cognac can be scary, but it is important to keep steady hand and calm mind when doing that.
This dish has creamy and rich taste that will satiate your palate. It is perfect to be cooked for special occasions and will only increase the festivity. There are many Red copper pan recipes but this one is definitely a must try.