Stewed chicken gizzards recipe is one of the easiest dishes you can make any time. The dish can suit every dining moment, but it’s best at lunch time. Before going directly to the recipe, it is better to know the health aspects of chicken gizzards first.
Chicken gizzard is a inside part of a digestive system of chicken. It is located side by side with chicken’s heart. Some parts of the world consider gizzards as very delicious ingredients. Based on some studies, gizzards contain less fat rather than beef. If you have to do diet to reduce the weights, you can consider choosing gizzards as protein menu. Yet, it should be considered that gizzards have high amount of cholesterol which will increase the possibility of some serious diseases.
In addition, chicken gizzards also contain high amount of protein, iron and zinc. Pay attention to combination of your everyday diet because of high cholesterol. You can reduce the cholesterol by combining them with olive oil. As an option, this stewed chicken gizzards recipe can be your choice of protein dish for family.
Since there are many options of stewed chicken gizzards recipe out there in the internet, you can use this one as it is simple and easy. You can do some improvements as well. Here are the ingredients and steps to know.
- ½ kilogram of chicken gizzards
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 or 2 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- A tablespoon of paprika
- A teaspoon black pepper for seasoning
- ½ chili powder for seasoning
- Salt for seasoning
- Since chicken gizzards are considered as inner parts of chicken, you have to wash them as clean until you can’t feel the sticky surface on them.
- Boil them for an hour until they are tender. Don’t forget to add salt to give them taste. Make sure the water is enough for boiling the gizzards.
- Add some ingredients as chicken gizzards boil. First, add olive oil, paprika, and black pepper. If you want to make the dish taste a bit spicy, you may add the chili powder. If it isn’t then you can put only small amount of it.
- Cook the mixture until the gizzards turn brown.
- Add vinegar to the mixture.
- Fry the onions and garlics until they turn brown. Add them to the mixture.
- Cook the mixture using medium heat. At last, insert the tomatoes to the cooked dish. Stir them well.
- Give water to the mixture. Turn the heat down.
- Cook the mixture for more or less 20 minutes.
- Voila! Your stewed chicken gizzards are ready.
You and your family can enjoy this stewed chicken gizzards dish because it can be served for 4 people. The cooking time is about an hour and 30 minutes, so prepare the time to cook for your dinner tonight. If you try this stewed chicken gizzards recipe, the dish is better to be served hot as the main course.