Soul food Collard Greens with smoked turkey recipe can be one of the choices of dishes using Collard Greens as the main ingredients. Collard Greens can be categorized as very healthy vegetable. Here are some benefits of consuming it so far.
Collard Greens can avoid you from cancer. There is a significant study of it that Green Collards has glucosinolates which can increase the detoxification of our body. Since it is a kind of vegetable that can be combined with many kinds of dish, this soul food Collard Greens with smoked turkey recipe is definitely a signature dish for your dinner. Smoked turkey wings are an optional ingredient, so you can use bacon, ham, or smoked pork. The adding items, however, will not decrease the benefit of Collard Greens itself. What you have to pay attention is the time cooking. If the vegetable is over-cooked, you may lose some of its benefits.
Consider to spend about two hours to prepare the dish. You will need ten to fifteen minutes as preparation time. Cook time itself will be a half an hour. So, if you want to make this signature dish for the most special dinner ever, you can save the time for cooking. Here is the recipe.
- 4 lbs Collar Greens, you have to clean and cut the Collar Greens into small cuts
- 2 lb chopped smoked wings turkey
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh water
- 1 or two diced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt for seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon diced garlic
- 1 sliced jalapeno
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- Prepare a big pot. Place smoked turkey wings in it. Turn off your stove and heat it medium. Let the wings turn to brown.
- Add onions to the pot. Cook them until they turn brown. Don’t let them burnt.
- Add diced garlic and cook them all for a minute.
- Add chicken broth and turn the heat to high. Wait for more than 20 minutes or until them boil.
- Pour the fresh water in. Don’t forget to turn the heat down back again to medium heat.
- Prepare Collar Greens and add them to the pot.
- Give seasonings to the dish. Don’t forget to add salt, black pepper, and white vinegar as seasonings.
- Put the jalapeno in. Stir the mixture well.
- Let the mixture boil for an hour and ten minutes. You have to stir the mixture sometimes. Finally, the signature dish of soul food Collard Greens with smoked turkey recipe is ready to serve.
The dish is so enjoyable, so you can ask for more than four people to join your dining table. It is also can be one of the options of Southern cooking. Some people say the dish is so good and they like it. Well, it is the most reviewed one, and everybody who has tried this recipe likes it. This is the best soul food Collard Greens with smoked turkey recipe you can try.