This time, let’s treat our beef differently by using Portillos Beef Recipe. Portillos are known for its Italian-type, savory, and delicious meat products: that includes burger, steak, and of course, beef. For the latter, we are going to try making roasted beef using a Portillos’ finest beef recipe.
The ingredients are rather simple and easy to find in any stores near you. However, the equipment is on another level. Please make sure that you have all of the necessary tools required to make this recipe, including meat thermometer.
- 5 lbs. of top round roast
- 1 tablespoon of basil
- 2 tablespoons of kosher salt
- 1 package of beef broth
- 2 tablespoons of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- Cast iron skillet
- Large Roasting pan
- Thin knife
- Meat thermometer
- Preheat both the oven and cast iron skillet at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all of the ingredients (exclude the meat, of course) to create a seasoning mix.
- Lay out the top round roast on a plate, and sprinkle the seasoning mix on both of the sides.
- Put the roast to skillet and cook it until it looks brownish on all sides.
- Then, transfer the roast onto the roasting pan. Lubricate the pan with some beef broth added with a pinch of seasoning mix until it touches the roast.
- Put roasting pan in oven and roast the meat until it reaches 125 degrees Fahrenheit in the middle of beef (use meat thermometer to make sure).
- Take out the pan and wrap the meat with tin foil and let it rest on a warm plate for about 20 minutes.
- After that, slice the meat into thin slices, then served it with sauce.
For the Sauce
- Take the excessive beef broth from the roaster. Put it in another pan and take out some unnecessary fat from the top of it.
- Add a teaspoon of the seasoning mix and stir it.
- Cook in medium heat just to warm it up, and then pour it into a gravy boat.
Voila! You have successfully created your own Portillos Beef recipe. Add some hotdogs or a long bread and dipped them in the sauce for maximum satisfaction. If you want to balance the taste, you can also add some vegetables dressing on plate to match the beef roast.
Now, all you have to do is call your families and friends and invite them to taste your cooking. Portillos Beef Recipe is enough for 10 to 12 servings. It is suitable for a family dinner or as a main dish at barbeque party. But mind the fat that stored inside this dish.
There are over 27 grams of fat, 170.2 mg of cholesterol, 0.7 grams of carbs, and 47.1 grams of protein hidden inside each serving of this roast beef. It is surely a hell of a treat, right? Now what are you waiting for? Go grab it and start making your own Portillos Beef Recipe!