What’s better than making Portillos Chocolate Cake Recipe on a clear sunny day? Yes, it’s nothing. Portillos had received a quite many reviews online, and one of their selling points is this chocolate cake. This specific cake has become people’s choice among other cakes served at Portillo’s. However, do you know the hidden twist inside its recipe?
In their Chocolate cake recipe, Portillo’s using Betty Crocker’s Cake Mix and Simple Frosting instead of make it from the scratch by themselves. Aside of that, it turns out that they are also using Mayonnaise, one of products that rarely goes with pantries, as their main ingredients in making this recipe. But don’t worry as mayonnaise won’t ruin the taste of your cake. It will make the inner part become soft and mushy, instead. The reason of that is because mayonnaise is basically mixed oil and eggs, the same as any pantries’ basic ingredients.
The ingredients used for making Portillos Chocolate Cake Recipe are also quite easy to find in your nearest store. The process of making is enjoyable as well. You can do it with your families or friends in the weekend by using this recipe.
- 1 package of Betty Crocker Chocolate Butter recipe Cake mix
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 cup of ice cold water
- 1 cup of mayonnaise (do not use light mayonnaise)
- 2 cans of Betty Crocker chocolate frosting
- Heat the oven beforehand to 350 degrees.
- Mix egg, mayonnaise, cold water, and cake mix with a mixer. Set for 30 seconds low speed, and then increase it to high speed for 3-4 minutes.
- Grease 2 cake pans (or any kind of pans of your preference) with butter.
- Pour the mixed dough into the pans.
- Put both of the pans into the oven and bake for about 30 minutes, then give it 5 minutes rest before you take it out.
- Place it on a plate, then put the frosting onto it, or decorate it however you like.
- One Portillo’s signature chocolate cake is done. Served it with iced tea and snacks in a long vacation will surely make your family happy.
There are the quick tips for you. To check whether the cake is done or not, you can simply stick some toothpick right in the middle of it. If the toothpick comes out clean, then your cake is ready to serve. However, if there is any dough left on the toothpick, then throw it back to the oven for another 5 minutes. But remember; don’t over bake it because it will harden the cake. One of features of this cake is its soft texture. Baking it for too long will defeat its purpose.
Well, this cake is a perfect way out of work stress or a cheating day for your diet regime. With low levels of sugar (just 40.4 grams), Portillos Chocolate Cake Recipe will not ruin any of your diet results. The other nutrients inside are 7.3 grams of protein, 1 gram of fiber, 77.8 grams of carbs, and 565.8 calories. You will guaranteed never get enough of this cake.
So, if you are having a party, attending some meeting, or working your way to give a present to your close one, go ahead and make Portillos Chocolate Cake Recipe.