For more than 80 years, Harold’s Restaurant tries to give the people its high quality foods; one of them is its signature Harold’s chicken mild sauce recipe. It makes people want to try the dish directly by themselves at home. The way people want to make the recipe directly at home goes hand-in-hand with Harold’s Restaurant’s founder, Harold Tindall’s vision of creating a place where people could have tasty homemade foods while gathering around pleasant folks. Since the first time the restaurant opened to public in 1932, three generations have made their claims about the real owners of the restaurant.
Even with the third owner, the restaurant still aims to make its high quality foods right from the scratch directly from the restaurant’s historic kitchen. From the restaurant’s first building in Gaffney, South Carolina, nowadays, the restaurants are spread all across the Cherokee County. The restaurant was even featured on the South Carolina Educational Television and Food Network. The restaurant was also listed on A Guide to Unique Places in South Carolina’s Off the Beaten Path by William Price Fox and Star Magazine’s Guy Feiri favorite place to eat. Before long, you can also make your own Harold’s chicken mild sauce recipe by following the steps below.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces consist of dark and white meat
- Canola oil (depends on use) to deep fry
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 eggs, beats lightly
- 1/8 teaspoon of basil
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of hot pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of dried flakes of parsley
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of hot pepper
- Black pepper (depends on use)
- Salt (depends on use)
- Fill a pot or a tall skillet with approximately 2 inches of canola oil. Do not pour more than half the size of the pot or the tall skillet.
- Check the temperature using a candy thermometer when heating the oil to 350°.
- Season the flour with cayenne pepper, paprika, parsley, basil, and hot pepper in a shallow bowl..
- Add baking powder.
- Beats the eggs lightly in another shallow bowl.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the flour mixture after dipping it into the egg mixture.
- Drain any excess powder.
- Fry for approximately 10-12 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked.
- Wait for the chicken to drain on a towel.
- Season it with pepper and salt.
- The chicken is ready to serve.
- For the sauce, actually, you can buy it from any restaurant depot type store or make it yourself. It’s 2 parts ketchup to 1 part bbq sauce 🙂 .
After all, it is not difficult at all to make one of Harold’s Restaurant’s signature foods. In fact, if you could gather all the ingredients and follow the Harold’s chicken mild sauce recipe correctly, you can master it directly from your own kitchen.
The keys to create the perfect Harold’s Restaurant’s lookalike foods are the persistence, integrity, quality, and perseverance during the cooking process. Those things are exactly the secrets of Harold’s Restaurant’s success today. With Harold’s chicken mild sauce recipe in hand, everyone can try to have the same success story as the one that the restaurant has.