We all want to cook some fabulous food recipe made by a famous chef, for that we can try Myron Mixon Brisket Injection recipe. For those who love having barbecue parties in the backyard with friends and families, this is highly recommended. Myron Mixon is an American celebrity chef taking the competitive barbecue track. His barbecuing skill is undoubtedly amazing as he is a four-time champion of Barbecue World Champion. Not only that, but he is also a judge on BBQ Pitmasters reality cooking show.
Myron Mixon Brisket Injection recipe can be difficult if not properly cooked. Briskets are usually meat cuts from the lower chest or breast of veal or beef. For the nutritional information, each brisket contains 155 Calories per 100g. Briskets are cooked in a slow cooker; this is done in order to tenderize the meat. Its slow-cooking process usually takes about 8 hours for a 3lb. brisket. Pay close attention to the ingredients and instructions below.
- For marinade and beef injection:
- 1 quart of water
- 3 tablespoons of beef bouillon powder or beef base
- One 15-ounce can of strong beef broth or 3 tablespoons of au jus concentrate
- For beef rub:
- ½ cup of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of grainy ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of chipotle pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of granulated dried onion
- For meat:
- One 15-20 pound whole brisket, untrimmed (preferred Wagyu)
- Trim brisket, then place fat side of brisket up into aluminum pan.
- Inject brisket by eyeballing 1-inch squares all around brisket, and then inject half of beef injection in previous squares.
- Flip brisket around with fat side down, pour leftover injection over meat.
- Cover then refrigerate overnight or for about 6 hours.
- Heat smoker into 350 degrees, keep it an average 300 degrees 30 minutes before cooking the Myron Mixon Brisket Injection recipe.
- Remove brisket from marinade, dispose marinade.
- Use hands to apply beef rub all around meat. Place brisket in clean aluminum pan.
- Place pan in smoker, cook for around 2 ½ hours. Remove pan from smoker, cover it using aluminum foil.
- Put pan back into smoker then cook another 1 ½ hours. Discard pan from smoker and wrap pan using a thick blanket while still covered in aluminum foil.
- Let rest around 3-4 hours at room temperature. Unwrap pan, remove foil, and remove brisket.
- Set brisket aside. Extend juices of entire grease, pour juices into medium saucepan.
- Set to medium heat to warm juices, let them simmer.
- Slice brisket against grain; make slices as consistent-sized as possible.
- Place slices on warm platter, then pour juices on top of them.
Was it difficult to follow those steps? However, the result should be worth the wait too. You only need to follow the instructions above step by step. Enjoy this recipe with people dearest to you. Have fun tasting Myron Mixon Brisket Injection recipe!