Velveeta cheese dip with ground beef is the best cheese party treat, and it’s great for a game day. It’s a perfect crowd-pleasing snack to share with your loved ones. A combination of cream cheese and Velveeta cheese makes this queso dip super creamy. A pound of leftover ground beef, as well as a can of chili, will also add the meatiness of this cheese dip.
If you like your Velveta cheese dip with ground beef hot, adding some hot sauce and a cup of salsa will add richness to your queso dip. The heat level can be changed based on the preference, either it’s mild, medium, or a very hot salsa and sauce. Don’t forget to also add green pepper, jalapeno, and onion to elevate the flavor.
The leftover ground beed must be cooked until it perfectly browns in a pan before it’s transferred to a crock pot. As for the other ingredients, just dump all of them in the pot and cook for three hours with a low heat. Keep in mind to buy one or two large bags of tortilla chips to enjoy this Velveeta cheese dip that is known as the ultimate crowd pleaser.
Here is the Velveeta cheese dip with ground beef recipe.
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 8 oz of ground beef
- ½ tsp of chili powder
- tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of Emeril’s Essence Creole Seasoning
- Ground black pepper and kosher salt for seasoning
- 8 oz of Velveeta cheese, cut in cubes
- ½ cup of Monterey Jack cheese, shred it
- ¼ cup of canned green chilies
- ½ cup of canned tomatoes
- ¼ cup of salsa
- 1 tsp of hot sauce
- 2 tbsp of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef, chili powder, salt and paper, cumin, and Emeril’s Essence Creole Seasoning. Mix it well and cook until the meat is perfectly browned for around 3 to 5 minutes. Make sure to scramble the beef while it cooks. Discard the excess fat and transfer it to a crockpot.
- Add Velveeta and Monterey Jack cheese, diced green chilies and tomatoes, salsa, hot sauce, and cooked ground beef in the crockpot. Cook over low heat for 3 hours. Stir it once in a while. Once the time is up, serve the Velveeta cheese dip with ground beef in a small bowl with the tortilla chips.