Marie Callender strawberry pie is one beloved dish that everyone would love to eat every single day. The pie is full of tangy strawberry and creamy jello. It seems like you will have to go to the grocery store to get the pie and have them as dessert at home. However, if you have no time to go to the store, you can actually make the pie on your very own.
Yes, it is possible to make the pie at home as the Marie Callender strawberry pie recipe is widely available everywhere. All you have to do is following the recipe and then the pie will be ready for you in no time at all. For those who are looking for the recipe right now, they can be seen down below. This is one of the easiest recipes for the pie available:
- 6 cups fresh strawberry, sliced
- 1 pack graham cracker, crushed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jello/gelatin
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- Whipped cream for topping
- Prepare a 9 inch pie pan. Into the pan, pour in the crushed graham crackers. Then, add butter. Mix them well and press them evenly and tightly inside the pan to make a crust. Put the crust in the fridge until completely set.
- Prepare a heavy-bottomed sauce pan. Into the pan, mix together water, jello/gelatin, and water. Stir them well. After they are bubbling a little bit, add in sugar and cornstarch. Cook until they are boiling. Then, remove them from the heat.
- Get the crust out of the fridge. Arrange the sliced strawberry on top of the crust until the pan is full.
- Then, pour in the jello mixture and put the pan back into the fridge until everything is set (for about 3-4 hours).
- Before serving the home made Marie Callender strawberry pie, pipe in whipped cream on top of the pie as topping.
The suggestion while making the recipe is to use the best ingredients possible. Use the best graham cracker or its substitute that you can find around you. Also, do not ever use canned or cured strawberry as you have to use the fresh one. Fresh strawberries are far better to get turned into pie. The Marie Callender strawberry pie will be at its best taste when the ingredients are fresher.