When you want to have simple yet tasty dish, cheddars mac and cheese can become your main ingredients. This will become good solution when you only have limited time to prepare the dish, yet you want to make something tasty. Your kids and other family member will love the dish. Regarding the simple recipe, you can follow the details below. You will get the complete ingredients and cooking process, so you will not face any difficulties in preparing and cooking the mac and cheese.
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 box (8 ounces) elbow macaroni
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter
- Ground black pepper to increase the taste
- Get all ingredients of macaroni and cheddar cheese recipe ready.
- Heat salted water into large pot and wait it until it boils.
- Add the elbow macaroni and cook it in the boiling water. Do not forget to stir the macaroni occasionally so you can these evenly. This will take around 8 minutes.
- After that, drain the macaroni.
- Get a saucepan and heat butter in the pan. Use the medium heat to melt it.
- Add the salt, pepper, and flour into the melted butter and stir them evenly. This will take around 5 minutes.
- Then, pour the milk slowly into the butter mixture and do not forget to stir them together continuously. Do this until mixture of milk and butter starts boiling and become smooth. Commonly, this will take 5 minutes.
- When the milk is boiling, add the shredded cheddar cheese and stir them until the cheese is melt completely. With the medium fire, it will take around 4 minutes.
- After fully melted, add the macaroni into cheese mixture. Fold the macaroni several times until the cheese mixture coats the macaroni completely.
- Get ready to serve the dish. You may also add some garnish to make it look more attractive.
The cheddars mac and cheese recipe is actually very simple. All ingredients are also easy to find. The difficulty is on your patience during the cooking process. It needs high level of patience since you need to keep stirring up the mixture. This is not only to make them fully mixed, but it is also to prevent them to be unevenly overcooked.
In this case, milk should get one of the biggest attentions. Milk is easy to boil. Once it boils, it will be burnt and the taste will be not good anymore. That is why you must keep stirring it and adds the next ingredient when it starts boiling. Related to the cheese portion, you may have extra amount to get your preferred taste of the cheddars mac and cheese.