When you want to have something special for your dish, you can consider crockpot zatarain’s jambalaya. This great menu surely will make your whole family not able to resist the temptation. This food has great flavor of spices. Spiciness of the jambalaya will be great for those who love rich flavor. However, it is not easy to cook and serve the dish quickly. That is why slow cooker or crockpot is necessary. In case you want to know the details of the dish, these are the ingredients and cooking steps.
- 1 pack of the original Zatarain’s Jambalaya mix
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 1 pound large shrimps. Get these cleaned, peeled, and deveined after these are thawed.
- 1 pack frozen onions blend and also peppers.
- 1 cans the diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Get all the ingredients and the crockpot ready.
- Add the tomatoes, chickens, and the vegetables into the crockpots.
- Stir them until they are fully mixed. After that, put the cover.
- Set the crockpot in high temperature and cook them for around 3½ hours. If you want to make it slower, you can use low setting to cook these ingredients of crockpot zatarain’s jambalaya and it will take around 7½ hours.
- Add the rice mix and shrimps into the cooked ingredients.
- Stir them together until they are mixed. Put the cover again. Cook it in the high setting for around 30 minutes.
- Check the dish and get ready to serve the jambalaya.
During the cooking process of slow cooker zatarain’s jambalaya, you need to make sure that you cook the shrimps and rice mix well. You can check the shrimps and it will be perfectly cooked when their color turns into pink. Regarding the rice mix, it is tender when the process is complete. If you do not check these two main ingredients, it is possible that you will not get the best taste of jambalaya.
In serving the jambalaya, you can also add good side dish or combination. In this case, pasta salad can become one of the good choices. Since jambalaya has strong flavor, creamy salad and fresh veggies in the salad will create good balance. In order to get richer taste, you may add the smoky bacon into the pasta. If you also want to have sweet taste, sweet corns are nice additional option in the salad. Once you get these prepared, you will have perfect combination for the crockpot zatarain’s jambalaya.