You can make your own Boston Market Creamed Spinach Recipe. The ingredients can be found at nearby store and the cooking instructions are simple. As we know, spinach contains rich mineral and vitamin to increase the health. You can cook this recipe for breakfast at home. Instead of usual spinach recipe, creamed version looks more tempting and delightful. It combines delicate spinach and cream alongside cheese, garlic, and onion. For further instructions, read the following sections.
- All-purpose flour, 1⁄4 cup
- Salt, 1⁄4 teaspoon or more
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- Cream, 1 cup
- 10 ounce frozen chopped spinach
- Water, 1/4 cup or more
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- You need two saucepans to separate the topping and spinach.
- Prepare saucepan then melt margarine or butter.
- Add flour and salt then stir them until turn into creamed form.
- Put cream cheese into saucepan then stir it again.
- Keep the heat at medium level while you still stir until they are mixed completely.
- After that, whisk then put aside this mixture.
- Prepare another saucepan then put butter or margarine, garlic, and onion.
- Mix and stir them until look transparent then add spinach and water.
- Mix again for about 8 minutes.
- Combine previous mixture and parmesan into spinach then stir slowly.
Butter and margarine are interchangeable. You may use butter or both depending on your personal preference. Make sure the butter is enough for sauce and spinach. As you know, this cooking consists of two parts. Butter will be on the first and second part as well. The other important ingredients on Boston Market Creamed Spinach Recipe are flour and cream. You can customize them to add more or less in order to get smooth texture. Those ingredients are for sauce part.
The next section is the main cooking that consists of spinach and the rest of ingredients. Spinach may have different quality, but make sure to buy the fresh or frozen ones from market. You need to add water to soothe the spinach when adding garlic and onion. However, spinach may contain moisture that contains more water. In this case, you do not need to use water for Boston Market Creamed Spinach Recipe. Garlic and onion are minced in this recipe, but there are some variations. You can use powder or sliced form for both directly. Moreover, chili powder and black pepper may be suggested to give more taste.
When preparing sauce and spinach, you only need to use medium heat level. The sauce may take time to make due to mixing and stirring process. However, cooking time is less than one hour. It is ready for approximately thirty-five minutes. To serve at big dining, you just follow the proportion at ingredients one by one. You can make it without much issue. If you have kids, ask them to help particularly preparing the sauce. Creamed spinach is not new way, but it is very eligible to enjoy different taste of spinach. Therefore, it is better to serve Boston Market Creamed Spinach Recipe while it’s still warm.