Crescent Roll Apple Turnovers
The crescent roll apple turnovers are basically inspired by the apple pie – minus the fuss and complication. If you are such a big fan of an apple pie, but you dislike the complication in making one, this recipe would be right up your alley! You can even make the mini version of (rolled) apple pies in half an hour!
- 1 small Granny Smith apple. Make sure that it is Granny Smith type not another one. You should peel and core it, and then cut it into 8 slices.
- 3 tablespoons butter Melt it
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescent Rolls (8 Count)
Heat up the oven up to 375 degrees of Fahrenheit. Line the cookie sheet by using grease cooking sheet or cooking parchment paper. Then set it aside.
Toss the apple slices in a small bowl with a tablespoon of (melted) butter. Make sure that you mix it well and then set the bowl aside.
Open the dough can. Separate the dough to 8 different triangles
In another bowl, mix apple pie spice and brown sugar. Divide the mixture to those 8 triangles evenly.
Top off each triangle with the apple slice. You want to start from the short side, make sure that the apple is wrapped completely and then place it on the cookie sheet.
Brush the rolled dough with any remaining melted butter
Bake it for 10 minutes – 12 minutes is the max. Or you can wait until those crescents are (deep) golden brown and the apples have turned soft.
Remove from the oven. Let it be for around 5 minutes and then serve!
- Keep in mind that you want to choose only Granny Smith apples for this recipe. This type of apple has this unique tart and sweet flavor, while holding together quite well during baking.
- If you want the extra garnish, you can sprinkle the (apple) pie spice on top of the crescents after you are done baking
- If you want a sweeter alternative, serve the crescents with a scoop of whipped cream (a dollop of it) or an ice cream (vanilla would be the perfect option). But then again, it’s optional.
This recipe is perfect if you want something tart, easy, rich, and easy to make. For those who don’t really like dealing with the complicated procedures, this crescent roll apple turnovers recipe is such a gem.