Leftover Rice Recipes Indian: Basmati Fried Rice for Weeknight Dinner
Most leftover rice recipes Indian do not take a long time to cook, especially the one below. In less than 30 minutes, you can create this vegetarian-friendly and gluten free meal for a weeknight.
Below is one best easy and quick leftover rice recipes Indian you can try. Simply read and follow the provided steps.
- 3 cups cooked or 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 4-6 garlic cloves chopped roughly
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper diced
- 1 onion sliced thinly
- 1 ½ cups snap peas alternatively frozen peas, snow peas, or asparagus
- ½ cups peanuts alternatively cashews
- 2-4 tbs. ghee alternatively peanut oil or olive oil
- 10-15 curry leaves
- 3 serrano chilies slice vertically
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. asafetida optional
- Lime squeezes optional, as needed
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Chili flakes as needed
Cook basmati rice or prepare leftover rice.
Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
Add onion and stir-fry for around five minutes until tender.
Add garlic and the rest of vegetables and cook until tender, crisp, and vibrant-colored.
Season with salt and pepper before setting it aside in a bowl.
Heat the skillet again on medium heat.
Add a couple tablespoons of oil and spread evenly through the pan.
Add peanuts and Serrano chilies then stir for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add curry leaves then stir for about a minute.
Add chili flakes, cumin seeds, and mustard seeds then stir for around 30 to 45 seconds.
Add basmati rice and stir to mix.
Sprinkle turmeric, salt, asafetida, and coriander, as well as chili flakes as needed.
Pour the cooked vegetables and stir until the heat spread thoroughly.
Taste the fried rice and adjust by adding a squeeze of lime, chili flakes and salt as you like.
Remove the heat and transfer it to a plate. Garnish with cilantro, scallions, and lime.