If you’re still contemplating of what to cook for dinner, consider this Godfathers Taco Pizza recipe, which inspired by one of the menus at the Omaha-based fast casual Italian restaurant. It offers a perfect combination between pizza and tacos.
This recipe of Godfathers Taco Pizza is one of the tastiest yet simplest one that you can recreate. Simply prepare the listed ingredients and follow the provided instructions below to create one.
- 1 13.8-oz. can premade pizza crust dough
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce
- 2/3 cup taco sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup refried beans
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomato
- Preheat your oven to 480ºF.
- Pour the ground beef onto a skillet or a wok then drain it. Mix in taco seasoning and water until they are all well-combined.
- Stretch out and shape the pizza dough. Spread pizza sauce, taco sauce, and refried beans evenly.
- Scatter the mozzarella cheese over the pizza dough evenly in a thin layer. Top with a ground beef layer, then sprinkle taco seasoning.
- Create a layer of mozzarella cheese evenly again.
- Put the taco pizza in the oven for approximately 11 minutes.
- Allow the pizza to cool down for a little bit. Serve by slicing it according to the number of slices that you want and garnish with chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce.
The copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza recipe above uses a store-bought premade pizza crust, but you can definitely make it on your own. There are plenty of homemade pizza crust dough recipes on the internet, even the simplest ones that only use basic ingredients such as flour, yeast, water, salt, and sugar. It is also possible to use a food processor if you don’t feel like knead the dough by hand.
By following the provided recipe, you will be able to serve a uniquely delicious pizza dish with refried beans and taco sauce flavors. The ground meat and cheese contain good protein and the pizza dough offers enough carbohydrates for a dinner night. You may also adjust the recipe by adding your favorite pizza toppings.
The taco pizza can be served with various side dishes, such as beans, tofu, salad, but it’s also perfect on its