This recipe of chocolate babka Seinfeld below, as you may have guessed, is inspired by “The Dinner Party” episode in season 5. Feel free to follow this Seinfeld chocolate babka recipe that will give you sweet and buttery bread that has chocolate swirls across.
- 4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2.5 teaspoon instant yeast
- ½ cup Wholemilk
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Dutch cocoa
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped medium to fine
- ¼ tablespoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Make the dough by stirring flour, salt, yeast, and sugar with an electric mixer in a bowl then add milk, yolk, vanilla, eggs and mix using low speed. Add a tablespoon of butter at once until all is used. Rise to medium speed and use the dough hook to knead it for around 10 minutes.
- Oil a bowl evenly and put the dough inside. Wrap it with plastic tightly and let it refrigerate for the night.
- On the following day, take off the dough from refrigerator. Spread butter on two load pans (8.5 x 9 inches), then layer with baking paper that the bottom part has been buttered. Layer with a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper.
- Mix cocoa, sugar, cinnamon, and butter then beat until mixed well.
- Distribute the dough in two even part. Shape one part into 10 x 12 inches rectangle then coat it over with half of the filling, before sprinkling it with half part of the chocolate. Roll the dough quite firmly then put the seam on the cookie sheet. Repeat the step for the other dough part. Put them both inside freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Get the dough out of freezer and cut lengthwise on the center using kitchen shears, before twisting then braid it together. Pinch the end and put it on a prepared pan. Repeat the step for the other roll.
- Layer a buttered plastic on the pans and let it sit for 1.5 hours. Preheat your oven to 350ºF on the last 20 minutes of it.
- Combine water and sugar in a pan to create the syrup and heat it in medium while stirring and wait for it to boil for a minute or two before let it cool down.
- Bake the bread for 40 to 50 minutes after it has risen.
- Pour the syrup on top of the chocolate babka Seinfeld evenly then let it cool down for 40 minutes in the pans before transferring it to a wire rack.
Recreate the delicious and tender babka with the recipe above. It will help you to create chocolate babka Seinfeld easily even for beginner at baking.