You may surf the internet for some easy and refreshing meals, and you found one with weird name: cucumbers with tajin. What is this meal and how to make one? If you are curious with this, make sure to read this article thoroughly as we will show you how to make one.
First of all, let’s learn what tajin is. Basically, Tajin is a Mexican company which was established in 1985. The company focused in making various kinds of condiment. However, the condiment of Tajin is mainly made from chili peppers, salt, and lime. Since the condiment is so specific to Tajin, it makes sense why people keep calling tajin as a condiment instead of the name of a company.
The taste of spicy, tangy, and salty of Tajin fruit seasoning will be a perfect match with cucumbers with its fresh scent. Cucumbers with tajin will be a perfect salad in the summer especially since cucumbers are full of water. Tajin itself is widely used as a fruit seasoning—not only by moms in kitchens, but also by fruit ladies in the streets of Mexico.
Making cucumbers and tajin and lemon will boost its sour taste. But if you are not a big fan of sourness, using the common tajin without any additional condiments is just OK. Wondering how to make cucumbers with tajin? Find the recipe below.
- 1 large cucumber. Although you can have one that is seedless, find one which is not as this one is the closest to what are sold in its origin country. Aside from that, such cucumber is best in flavor and texture as well.
- Around 2 tsp olive oil to enhance the taste.
- ½ tsp (or more) tajin seasoning which you can purchase from any nearest Mexican grocery stores.
- First of all, make sure you have washed the cucumber. Peel the skin and slice it into the thickness you like. Suggested thickness: ¼ inch thick discs.
- Then, arrange the cucumber to make a circle. Start from the outside edge of the plate. Put each disc overlapping the previous one you put, making it to be a spiral which goes until the center of the plate is also filled with cucumber.
- Then, sprinkle the tajin seasoning. Make sure to sprinkle it evenly—you can achieve that simply by sprinkling it lightly.
- As the last touch, give the cucumber a drizzle of olive oil.
It sounds easy, doesn’t it? So, that is how to make cucumbers with tajin at home—a simple salad that goes only with 3 ingredients!