The following chicken drumstick crockpot recipe will tell you how to cook the drumstick with BBQ sauce and spice rub using slow cooker to tender perfection. It is an extremely easy option for dinner with only a few ingredients that only requires several minutes to assemble. Despite being so simple, the taste is guaranteed to be satisfying.
What’s better is how this recipe is kid friendly as well. A lot of kids love chicken drumsticks as they offer more meat compared to chicken wing. Plus, they are fun to hold when eat. They are flavorful, affordable, and widely affordable. It won’t be hard to find a good deal on the drumsticks at your local grocery store.
As mentioned above, this crock pot chicken thigh recipe uses spice rub and barbecue sauce, which you can use any of your favorite brand. In short, you would coat the drumsticks with seasoning and then pour the top of them with the sauce. Finally, you only need to brush some sauce and then broil them.
This chicken drumstick crockpot recipe requires you to cook the dish for 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low. When it is done, the chicken will be very tender that they are easily off of the bone.
- 3 lbs. chicken drumsticks
- 2 and 1/2 half cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tsp. barbecue spice rub
- Cooking spray
- Cover the inside part of your crockpot with cooking spray.
- Spread the barbecue spice rub on the chicken drumsticks, and then lay them in the crockpot.
- Use two cups of the barbecues sauce to pour into the crockpot and then toss it gently.
- Cover the slow cooker and then set it cook for 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.
- Preheat your oven.
- Take the chicken drumsticks out from the crockpot and arrange them on top of the pan layered with cooking spray.
- Use the remaining of the barbecue sauce to be brushed on top of the drumsticks, then put it on the oven for 3-5 minutes until the edges turn crisps and golden.
For this recipe, you can use fresh or frozen chicken drumsticks. However, note that the barbecue spice rub will not stick to the frozen meat as well as it does to the fresh ones. Additionally, you’ll need 4-5 of high or 8-9 hours of low cooks if you are using frozen drumsticks.
Prepare yourself to make these drumsticks all the time after you’ve tried it once. The chicken drumstick crockpot recipe may be accompanies by starch, such as mashed potatoes or rice and veggies.