Frosted Flakes French toast is one of the best dishes you can enjoy at breakfast time. The toast is easy to make, and it is so crunchy on the outside but a kind of chewy on the inside. To make the best toast like this, you can follow the recipe below. It will help you to make the best toast for breakfast, brunch, and even snack time.
- 1 cup Frosted Flakes cereal, crushed
- 4 medium-sized eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain milk, room temperature
- 5 slices of bread of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Mix berries for toppings (optional)
- To start making the Frosted Flakes French toast, the first thing you need to prepare is a large bowl. Into the bowl, crack all four eggs and whisk until smooth. Add in milk, cinnamon powder and vanilla extract into the egg. Whisk again until they are all well-combined. Set it aside.
- Prepare a large tray and onto the tray, pour in the crushed cereal. Tips: do not crush the cereal/corn flakes too much as they will be powdery.
- Now, coat your bread slices with the egg mixture and then coat them with the crushed corn flakes.
- Use non-stick pan over medium low heat to cook the toast on each side. Brush the pan with unsalted butter if you want to. Cook until each side of the toast is golden brown.
- Serve the toast with maple syrup, icing sugar, and mixed berries on the side.
You can modify the French toast cereal recipe above using ice cream or anything that you like to add. It will be so good as the toast is sweet and crunchy. Adding any toppings works, as long as it is sweet topping and not the savory ones. It will taste a bit weird when you combine it with savory toppings.
That is all you need to know about the toast recipe. It is super easy indeed and everyone can do it easily, even when you have no cooking experience at all. It is just like dipping the bread into eggy mixture, and then covers it in corn flakes. Cooking this dish is also so easy as it needs no ovens at all. It is just the pan you are using to make Frosted Flakes French toast.