The following peach cobbler recipe Paula Deen inspired can’t be more perfect to recreate and serve at the peak of summer. The peach cobbler is an easy dessert menu that provides perfectly spiced and not to sweet taste. It is best to be served warmly with additional vanilla ice cream, but when it serves cold, it is also delicious.
For you who are yet to know the difference between a peach pie and a peach cobbler, the latter is so much easier to make. Pie has crust at its bottom part, and sometimes on the top part. However, a cobbler uses fruit filling and dough.
The southern cook celebrity chef, Paula Deen, shared her peach cobbler recipe a week prior to the National Peach Cobbler Day in 2020. The peach cobbler recipe Paula Deen is so easy, simple, and contains ingredients that you probably already have on your fridge now.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 12 fresh peaches in large size (2700 gr), peeled, pitted, and cut
- 1 cup pecan nuts
- 11/3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 11/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Prepare your oven by preheating it to 350°. Melt the butter and pour it into 13”x9” baking dish.
- Pour the flour into a medium-sized bowl, and add milk while whisking the mixture until it’s all smooth, then pour the mixture into pan-covered butter.
- Mix the pecan nuts, peaches, and ground cinnamon in the same bowl and then pour the mixture into the pan.
- Bake the dish until it turns golden brown, around 45-60 minutes. Let it cool down for half an hour before you serve it.
You may wonder, can you make cobbler with canned peaches? The answer is definitely yes. Additionally, it is also not mandatory to have your fresh peaches peeled, but they need to be at least scrubbed for good, in order to get rid of the fuzz.
The baked cobbler can be served for the whole day, so it’s fine even if you left it out. Afterwards, it can be stored in refrigerator up to three days. Just make sure you reheat the cobble every time you want to serve it. You can be proud of making a dish from scratch, by recreating this peach cobbler recipe Paula Deen to entertain your family members or your guests, with its fluffy, golden brown excellence.