You can make your healthiest deli meat recipe for making a sandwich at home. It is a tastier and healthier recipe that you can practice at home. Homemade deli meat becomes your favourite recipe for lunch or breakfast.
When you want to cook this recipe, you will require 10 minutes of preparation. Then, you need 50 minutes of cooking time. Each portion contains 185 kcal.
Ingredients of Healthiest Deli Meat
You will need some ingredients for cooking the healthiest deli meat.
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts. It is about 450 grams.
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- dried herbs
- crushed black pepper
Tools to Cook Healthiest Deli Meat
You will need an anti sticky sushi knife to cook this deli meat recipe.
Cooking Instructions of Healthiest Deli Meat
There will be some cooking instructions that you can do for making healthy deli meat recipes.
- Mix honey, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt and stir them well
- Cover chicken breast evenly with the honey mixture
- Keep chicken breast into a zip-top pocket. Press the air outside from the bag and seal.
- Let it cool for 2 to 3 days
- Take the chicken breast outside from the pocket and rinse it with cool water
- Put the chicken breast into a pan containing cool water. Make sure that the breast is rinsed and rinse for 30 minutes
- It is time for baking. Preheat the oven 250 degrees Fahrenheit or 125 degrees Celsius.
- Lift the chicken breast from water marinade and dry the chicken breast well with the tissue or paper towel
- Press crushed black pepper or fresh spices to the chicken breast if it is cool
- Bake it for 40 to 50 minutes at 165 degrees Fahrenheit
- Let it cool on room temperature for 30 minutes
- Put the chicken breast in a refrigerator until it is cool before cutting
- Then, slice it thinly. You can store it in a closed container in a refrigerator for a week.
The honey marinade will be thicker than pasta. You can use your hands to cover the chicken breast to ensure all surfaces are closed with the honey marinade. Those are some cooking instructions to make the healthiest deli meat. If you want, you can change the chicken breast with the beef.