Zero carb bread Aldi is not only an accessible keto option that you can find at the nearest branch to you. It’s also suitable for many kinds of simple but delicious low-carb recipes, including the all-time favorite breakfast menu: French toasts!
Is Aldi Keto Bread Nutrition Good?
Aldi’s Zero Carb Bread is a cheap and convenient solution for going keto. As the name suggests, this bread doesn’t contain any net carbohydrates. Net carbs are the grams of carbohydrates that don’t come from dietary fiber, which is healthier as it doesn’t affect blood sugar levels.
All the carbs in Aldo’s keto-friendly bread come from dietary fiber, so it’s a great replacement for the usual carbohydrate-heavy bread. It also contains a low amount of calories as well as sufficient fat and fiber for your health. Unfortunately, it isn’t gluten-free, so avoid it if you can’t eat gluten.
Overall, this brand is a good and affordable keto-friendly option. You can use it to replace regular bread on any menu. For starters, try this simple and quick French toast recipe. It makes two servings containing only 338 kcal and can be done in less than half an hour!
French Toast With Aldi Keto Bread Ingredients
- 1 tsp (5 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
- ½ tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) salted butter
- 4 slices Aldi L’Oven Fresh Zero Net Carb Multiseed Bread
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) keto sweetener (optional, for dusting)
- 2 beaten large eggs
- 3 tbsp (44 ml) sugar-free maple pecan syrup (optional)
Making Zero Carb Bread Aldi French Toast
- Whisk smoothly the vanilla, water, cinnamon, cream, eggs, then pour the batter into a baking pan. Next, put the bread in the batter and let it soak for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter on medium-high heat using a nonstick pan. Coat the pan evenly with the butter. Once the pan is hot, cook the soaked bread for around 3-5 minutes until it turns brown. Flip the bread and let the other side cook. Repeat for all slices.
Now your French toast is done! Serve it while warm according to your taste, whether it’s with butter, sugar-free syrup, or keto sweetener. If you make a large batch, you can also keep this zero carb bread Aldi french toast in an airtight container and store it in the fridge for two days.