Mexican Crumbling Cheese or in Mexican is often known as Queso Fresco, it is a fresh white cheese that is made using cow’s milk or mixing cow’s milk and goat’s milk. Then, in the making also added vinegar, squeezed lemon, and renin.
Some foods or snacks that usually use the Queso Fresco sprinkle are burritos, nachos, tacos, corn, and still more. You can also make this fresh cheese at home using ingredients that are easily found in a minimarket or a multipurpose shop and follow the original recipes!
This is the Ingredients that you must prepare among others:
- 1-gallon tube of pure cow’s milk or fresh milk is directly taken from cattle ranchers (not instant packaging)
- ½ cup to ⅔ cup lemon juice or can be reluctant to food vinegar
- Kosher salt or can also use sea salt
Here are the steps for how to cook typical of Mexico that you can practice at home:
- Put pure cow’s milk into the pan and heat it on the stove to a temperature of 165-185 ° F. During a short paneling process, stir the milk so that the lump does not rise to the surface. Then stick the heat and add as much lemon juice as one tablespoon. After that, stir the blazing and add more lemon juice water until the curd is separated from the whey. If it’s finished, open the lid of the pan and let it cool to a room temperature of about 10 to 20 minutes until it’s really cold.
- If it’s cold, move the curd and strain using a fine-textured cloth on a large container for about 20 minutes. Then, sprinkle kosher salt. Stir until evenly and return to the squeeze until the water is completely tight.
- The next step, move the curd wad inside in a short filter cloth into a container that is running low until it forms aspheres or resembles a solid gun. Press briefly until the cheese is solid. Then, fill and cover the cheese at room temperature for 15 minutes to several hours. To produce very dense cheese, press the cheese which is in the container using a jar of others stuff.
- Last, lift the filter cloth shirt and store it in a container that is called a plastic box, plastic wrap, or to be more environmentally friendly, you can use banana leaves or a silicone-made food storage box. After that, store it in the refrigerator to make it more durable
Those are the ingredients and how to make the best Mexican Crumbling Cheese at home. The most important thing in this cheese-making process is to be patient and follow the instructions well.