Publix Rotisserie chicken price is so popular on Google because apparently many people don’t know how much they need to pay for a whole chicken. Well, this week at Publix you can pick up a whole chicken. For just $7.39. With this whole rotisserie chicken, you can have a beautiful dinner with your family. However, if you want to do something extraordinary, you can cook your own version of Publix Rotisserie chicken recipe. Even if it is your own version, it will taste similar to the original public rotisserie chicken recipe. You can check the recipe below:
- A whole roasting chicken (approximately 4 lb)
- 3 lemons, for juice/ zest
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp coriander, grounded
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 fresh garlic bulb
- 1 cup chicken stock, unsalted
- ¼ bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- The first thing that you need to do is to preheat your oven to 350°F. And then zest the lemon for about two tablespoons, and squeeze another lemon for juice for about two tablespoons as well. And then, cut the remaining lemon into half.
- In the small mixing bowl, mix the zest and lemon juice with coriander, oil, and kosher salt. After that, whisk them until mixed well. And then, peel sweet onion and slice it into four thick rings. For the garlic you just need to crush the head to loosen cloves.
- The next thing that you need to do is to put the sliced onion and grape tomatoes in the bottom of a roasting pan. Then, stuff the lemon halves and garlic bulb inside the chicken body. If you want, you can’t tuck it wings behind the back and then tie the legs together. After that, arrange the chicken, place the breast-side up over the sliced onions and tomatoes. You can loosen the skin of the chicken by slipping your fingers between the skin and the meat. If it’s loose enough then you can proceed to spread the spice mixture over the meat. Don’t forget to wash your hands after.
- Next, roast your rotisserie chicken for about 45 minutes. Then, pour the unsalted stock over your chicken into a pan. Then, roast it for another 1 ½ hour and till the chicken is 165° F. When it is done, move the chicken to the cutting board and wrap it with foil and let it rest for about 15 minutes. Chop your cilantro.
- Last but not least, make the sauce for your rotisserie chicken. You can use the skim fat from the pan drippings which are mixed with onions, tomatoes. Put them in the blender and blend them on low until smooth. Stir the cilantro into sauce. After that, you just need to serve your chicken with your favorite side dish. Don’t forget to discard the lemon halves and garlic bulb before you serve it.
Viola! Now, you can make your own delicious Publix rotisserie chicken recipe. And you don’t have to wonder about Publix Rotisserie chicken price because you can make it on your own.