Chex mix trash recipe is a favorite snack for parties for more than 50 years. This snack always includes a variety of cereals with some extras, ranging from pretzels, breadsticks, mini bagel chips, nuts, cheese crackers, and nuts. You can also add your favorites. If you want it to be way crunchier, you can add extra peanuts. Besides for a party, Chex mix trash is also a good company for movie time. Below is the classic Chex mix trash recipe that you must try.
The ingredients you need to make this classic Chex mix trash recipe are:
- 9 cups combination of wheat Chex, rice Chex, corn Chex, and Cheerios or Crispix. The latter is optional.
- 1½ cups of salted cocktail peanuts. You can also use mixed nuts.
- 2 cups of bite-size pretzels
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons of seasoned salt. You can also use Kosher salt.
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons of butter, melted.
- ¼ teaspoon of Tabasco sauce, if you want it to be spicy. This is optional.
- Optional additions: cheese crackers, breadsticks, and bite-size bagel chips.
Here is how you cook the Chex mix trash snack.
- Heat the oven to 250°F.
- In a big bowl, mix together the pretzels, nuts, cereals, and optional additions, if you use them.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Worcestershire sauce, melted butter, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and Tobacco sauce if you use it.
- After that, pour the sauce mixture evenly into the cereal mixture, stir it as you pour the sauce. Keep stirring it gentil until the cereal mixture is evenly coated. It will be better if you use a curved spatula to prevent breakage.
- Next, move the mixture into a large roasting pan or two rimmed baking sheets. Bake the Chex mix trash in the oven for an hour. Stir it every 15 minutes.
- Last, let it cool thoroughly before storing them in an airtight container. Make sure you store them in an airtight container so that the snack will not lose its crispiness.
That is the recipe to make a classy Chex mix trash snack. This recipe is for 24 servings. If you are sensitive to gluten, opt for the wheat Chex and choose gluten-free pretzels. This snack goes well with a glass of fresh smoothies and fresh apple slices or your favorite fruits. Enjoy quality time with your family or friends with this Chex mix trash recipe.